Saturday, August 10, 2013

How to block Someone on Facebook & How to Lock down your profile.

Hi guys...

Given the number of likes and comments a post received last night regarding creepy guys sending messages, I thought it would be very important to raise this matter and offer solutions to block parties from seeing your profile should you feel it necessary.  I too have received questionable messages and the simplest solution I have found is to block them and avoid any more opportunity.  I don't think this will ever end but I do take comfort in the fact that we have solutions to reduce the possibilities of it happening it again.

So, here you go guys here are some informative links on how to make better use of the privacy settings available on Facebook.

a) Block someone from seeing your profile.  The below article offers the many methods to achieve this process quickly and easily.  I'd suggest adopting one or two at hand so you can act quickly.

http://mashable.com/2013/05/01/how-to-facebook-block/

b) Lock down your profile so only those that you want to see your profile can.

http://mashable.com/2013/07/09/facebook-privacy-how-to/

You should inform Facebook of any voilation. They take communications of this kind seriously and can result in a complete banning from Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/help/175265572528235

Hope you find this useful. Let me know your feedback.  It's important the group remains focused on Muscat residents and spam free.  It's what makes this group a great spot to find what you are looking for.  

If you do wish to get in touch with me directly please contact me. I do make a point of getting back in touch as quickly as possible via the group or via email.  Or Contact me via Facebook.  Whichever is most convenient for you.

Happy finding......



No comments:

Post a Comment