Friday, October 3, 2014

6 Top Winter Activities in Muscat by Vaishnav Ramesh

So with winter round the corner all of us are sure looking forward to it. I've been here only 5 months as on date so I'm really looking forward to winter in Oman - my first winter experience in Oman, more so because all I've heard right from time I landed till date is the beauty of winter in Oman - so that makes it all the more curious.

So here are a couple of things we can indulge in making the best use of winter.

1) Take your machine on a drive - One thing that has been giving me utmost pleasure in Oman is the fantastic road infrastructure. In this part of world with such pleasure-to-drive roads and extremely cheap fuel the best option would be is to endlessly keep driving, go on long distant drives, a desert safari. You could pretty much do anything by yourself when you go on a drive. 

2) Go Camping - This is one thing that is so common in this part of the world. Just the fact that you've such lovely landscapes around, good cars and roads to drive, camping somewhere on the outskirts would be a good option too

3) Take a stroll on the beach with your loved ones - The best chance to start work-life balance! 
Considering the life we all live in money plays so much importance. We are all dragged into the maddening rat race of business and personal chores. But, as we all know it there's more to life - End your hard days of work by taking your family to the beach, go on and walk with them and have a good laugh. With winter around you don't have to be worried about sweating. It's no-sweat time, literally!

4) Start that long pending exercise you've been wanting to start - Ever since! 
I'm sure most of us have been wanting to hit the gym to stay fit. Instead how about a jog? Save the buck and may be start running - trust me you will love it!

5) Sit by the beach and there's so much you can do - Spend time talking, or make some barbecue or just read a good book - the best way to let your creative brain work. Oh well, if you're making some barbecue please make sure you invite me. 

6) Karak Tea - If you're a tea lover let's forget the fancy swanky coffee shops (I love them but let's have a change). Stop by one of these small tea shops and experience the Hot karak tea. We will let you experience it rather than us explaining it to you. 

These are some of the suggestions I've to offer at the moment. If you've more please feel free to suggest and share so that I make sure my first winter in oman is exciting.

Thank you!

Regards,
Vaishnav Ramesh

(A member of the Muscat-Where Can I Find Community Writing Team. If you would like to contact Vaishnav, his email address is vaish1703@gmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment